A walk through the woods is never just a walk through the woods unless you let it be that way. How can you find interesting things? Here are some tips:
• Look in places others don’t. Turn over stones. Turn over leaves. Climb trees. Look up. Leave the trail. Zoom in and see the tiny world of insects, myriapods, and arachnids under your feet.
• Hold still and be quiet. The deer and birds may come to you.
• Be aware of differences. Is the sand a different color than further up the trail? Did you hear this many birds a few minutes ago? What is that smell?
• Look far. Don’t watch your feet; look up the trail to see what moves the moment you step into its view.
• Realize that everything is interesting. Everything is unique. Everything is connected. Even the most boring object in the world is governed by the same chemical, physical, and spiritual laws that have given us the fascinating universe in which we live.